Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Watch out.




A quick update.

It has been a long while since I've written. This while coincides, coincidentally, with a rather action-packed patch of my life as a comic-artist.


September saw me take part in the Independent Publishing Project at Blank Projects in Woodstock, Cape Town. This project had me start work on an as yet unpublished series of comics called 'Devil Comi6' and complete and publish the previous post's comic, which is unfortunately titled with an image rather than text.

Later in the same month, on rather short notice, I exhibited in a group exhibition of comic-artists and poets in Bremen, Germany called 'Don't shoot! We're not armed' where my own work was put on display (surely by accident!) alongside some of South Africa's comic-artist heavyweights. The work of the other artists in the show all deal with political matters quite overtly. My own work in contrast was described by a review of the show as representing the newer a-political generation of post-Apartheid South Africa. I'm not comfortable with this connection.

Something fun that resulted from this exhibition was the translation of a few pieces of my writing into German. I'll post up the Auf Deutsch versions soon.

-

Upcoming excitement, for me at least, will be a stand at the Design Indaba, Cape Town from the 1-4th of March. You can catch me here.

Then, on the 24th of March an exhibition in Hamburg, Germany (the second leg of the exhibition in Bremen, under a different title). You can also catch me here.

Then, at the end-ish of April I will be taking part in the second leg of the Independent Publishing Project at the Goethe Institute's gallery in Johannesburg. I can also be caught here.

-

Am working on a bunch of stuff. Will send word when it's done.


untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment