Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Design Indaba. (A ramble-on)


A brush and ink drawing I had up for sale.


This weekend I took part in a trade show at the CTICC, the Design Indaba.
Despite feeling as though I fell a bit too far into the fine-art camp to fit in proper, I was received well and sold a substantial quantity of comics. Much interest exists in my artworks it transpires. Kicked myself repeatedly for not selling prints. Money money money or some such similar feeling.

Two new comics:

One is 'Philosophy Comics' - very avant-garde.

The other is 'People Comics' - just pictures really.

Ideas expressed: many, many. Mostly in the form of self-praising witty one-liners. Found it hard to talk to friends who visited my stall due to one track only.

Emotions felt: severe. Found it hard to talk to friends who visited. Found it easy to talk to strangers. Many, many one-liners. So much selling.

Afterwards: watched Cave of Forgotten Dreams in 3D (stereo actually, I hear from vision-purists) by der Werner Herzog, organised by the indaba and the Goethe Institute. Longed to be both a drawer and an archaeologist.

Now: Longing for sleep. Can be had.

The Future: Am off to Hamburg in a week or two for an exhibition titled 'Comics and Avant-Garde from South Africa', but in German. Excitement growing rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment